Monday, August 22, 2016

Top 10 Best Fantasy Series

As a lover of fantasy, I’ve ready many books from this genre. Magical fantasy, adventurous fantasy, romantic fantasy, you name it! These are some of my favorite series, so I hope you are able to find some recommendations!


top 10, top ten, book, books, reading, book blog, reader, bookworm, bookish, bookstagram, fantasy, magic, magical, series, book lover, ya, young adult, drew's cup of tea, list,


10. How to Train Your Dragon, by Cressida Cowell.


This hilarious middle grade series follows a boy named Hiccup and his dragon, Toothless. I started this series in my preteen years and finished it in my teen years. I loved the characters who never failed to make me laugh. Oh, and it’s nothing like the film adaption.


9. The Underland Chronicles, by Suzanne Collins.


This is another favorite MG series of mine . . . but this is a dark and violent one. Suzanne Collins’ writing is as addicting as ever. I loved the idea of a fantasy world with giant animals hidden underneath New York City, the epic fight scenes, and the characters—especially Ripred!


8. The Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini.


Did I mention epic fight scenes? Because this series has some of the best action scenes I’ve ever read. The plot may not be the most original—a young man, Eragon, discovers a dragon’s egg—but I loved the characters so much.


top 10, top ten, book, books, reading, book blog, reader, bookworm, bookish, bookstagram, fantasy, magic, magical, series, book lover, ya, young adult, drew's cup of tea, list,


7. Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer.


If you’re looking for a fast-paced, hilarious series, you’ve come to the right place. Criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl is only twelve years old as he attempts to kidnap a fairy. This series is full of action and nonstop fun.


6. The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien.

This is one of the most famous fantasy series out there, and for good reason. The world of Middle Earth is genius and the plot is so intricate. True, the pacing is slow, but it’s worth trudging through some long chapters for the complicated and beautiful world Tolkien has created.


5. The Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis.

This was a favorite series my mom read to me when I was a child. It absolutely captivated me . . . the world of Narnia, the magic. It has a special place in my heart and I will always treasure my adventures with Diggory and Polly and the Pevensie children.


4. Inkworld Trilogy, by Cornelia Funke.


This is more traditional fantasy. The plot follows book lover Mo and his daughter Meggie who have the power to read characters out of books into the real world. The characters and plot are fantastic! Also, despite the books being really long, they’re serious page turners!


top 10, top ten, book, books, reading, book blog, reader, bookworm, bookish, bookstagram, fantasy, magic, magical, series, book lover, ya, young adult, drew's cup of tea, list,


3. Percy Jackson & the Olympians, by Rick Riordan.


Yes, this is another middle grade series, but I think readers of any age would be able to enjoy it. It’s fun, addicting, and based on retellings of Greek mythology. I came to love Percy and his friends so much.



2. The Winner’s Trilogy, by Marie Rutkoski.


This is a slow burning, romantic, gorgeous trilogy. It has an awesome, cunning heroine, Kestrel, deals with politics, war, and a luscious romance. In my opinion, the books got even better with each installment!


1. Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas.


Looking for an epic, action packed series that gets more in depth with each book? Throne of Glass follows an assassin in a world of Faeries, witches, dragons, and more. I think it would be pretty impossible not to fall in love with Celaena. She’s a bit of an anti hero, but she’s so awesome I forgive her for her murderous tendencies.


“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.” —Heir of Fire, Sarah J. Maas


top 10, top ten, book, books, reading, book blog, reader, bookworm, bookish, bookstagram, fantasy, magic, magical, series, book lover, ya, young adult, drew's cup of tea, list,


Honorable Mentions: The Wrath & the Dawn, by Renée Ahdieh and A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J. Maas.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe I've only read two of these (Percy Jackson and Throne of Glass). I've been wanting to read The Winner's Kiss for awhile now, and I totally want to check out the other books on this list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Winner's Kiss! I hope you find some new favorites. :)

      Delete