Monday, September 5, 2016

Favorite August Reads!

With fall just around the corner, I thought I would share some of my favorite books I read in the month of August! I was able to catch up on some new releases last month and discovered some books I really enjoyed! Here is a complete list of what I managed to read in August:

• And I Darken, by Kiersten White
• The Graces, by Laure Eve
• Steeplejack, by A. J. Hartley
• This Adventure Ends, by Emma Mills
• Environmentally Friendly, by Elias Zanbaka
• Rebel Bully Geek Pariah, by Erin Jade Lange
• My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
• Out of the Easy, by Ruta Sepetys
• The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater
• How it Feels to Fly, by Kathryn Holmes
• With Malice, by Eileen Cook

Without further ado, onto my favorites!


1. And I Darken

This book was an absolute gem. An intricate look at history set in fifteenth century Wallachia, Kiersten White fabulously captured the grim and brutal idea of what Vlad the Impaler might look like if he were female.


2. This Adventure Ends

This book comes out on October 4th, and you’ll definitely want to pick it up! This was a heartwarming and realistic contemporary following a young woman, Sloane, who moves to a new town and falls into a crazy, amazing, and hilarious group of friends.


3. Out of the Easy

This was my first read by acclaimed author Ruta Sepetys and it ended up impressing me so much! Set in New Orleans in 1950, Josie is looking for a way to escape the Big Easy and go to college, but money problems and the fact that her mother is a prostitute hold her back.


4. How it Feels to Fly

An emotional and informative look at a ballerina who has a negative body image, this book was a strong addition to the contemporary genre. I loved Kathryn Holmes’ debut, and this second novel by her didn’t disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment